Integrated HD/SD PTZ Camera
Product Code: AW-HE38
- 1/2,3-Type MOS
- 22 x optical zoom
- PoE+ Support
- Night Mode*1 - Supports automatic switching
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode
- HDMI Video Output Format: 1080/50p, 1080/59,94p, 1080/50i, 1080/59.94i, 1080/25p, 1080/29.97p, 1080/25psF, 1080/29.97psF, 720/50p, 720/59.94p
- Freeze During Preset Function
- IP connection allows control of up to 100 AW-HE38H/S units by using AW-RP50E
- IP Image output function allows Image monitoring by IP connection with a PC
- Preset memory of up to 100 positions
- Available in pearl white or metallic black
- Easy installation thanks to use of turn-lock mechanism
- where to buy
The integrated full HD camera AW-HE38HW/HK performs in a wide variety of onsite shooting applications that require high-quality video, such as conferences, lecture capture and other events. Thanks to their precision 22X optical zoom lenses, wide field of view, smooth PTZ functions and exceptional image quality, HE38 cameras are ideal for demanding remote production and IMAG use. With IP-Preview transmission and control, and support for PoE+ (which allows power to be supplied via a LAN cable), the HE38 also offers the flexibility needed for easy installation and management.
In addition to a 22x optical zoom, the AW-HE38 also features intelligent zoom up to 30x and a 1.4x digital extender to capture crisp close-ups even in large auditoriums and lecture halls. The HE38 delivers an impressive signal-to-noise ratio of 54dB (F4/2000lx, minimum illumination, .35 lx), 1000 TV lines of resolution and 16-axis colour matrix control for precise camera "painting" and matching. The HE38 already includes many innovative standard features developed to expand the capabilities of professional video system users. In addition to Panasonic's Dynamic Range Stretch (DRS) and advanced Digital Noise Reduction (DNR), an ingenious High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode helps to produce great video even in extreme contrast and lighting conditions.
Video Outputs: Standard professional interfaces include HDMI, as well as IP/Network for single cable delivery of high-quality content up to 1080/60p.
Audio Input: Audio input and embedding (on IP, HDMI) are also available via a switchable, stereo MIC/LINE input.
Serial Control: RS-422 serial compatibility is available for serial-based control workflows (i.e. connection to AW-RP50/120 or previous controllers). RS-232 and RS-422 VISCA protocol are available when introducing a Panasonic camera into an existing control structure.
USB or microSD Card Recording: The mini-USB connector allows the AW-HE38 to be utilized as a USB camera utilizing standard USB Video/Audio class drivers. Many applications that connect to USB cameras, such as teleconferencing or software switching solutions, will be able to connect to the HE38 without external converters. Alternatively, microSD recording enables ISO MP4/H.264 recording internally in the HE38, transfer of content over the network via web browser or FTP.
The LAN port on the HE38 unleashes the possibilities:
- Power of Ethernet+ (PoE+) for easier system installation and setup.
- Control the camera via the network with an AW-RP50/120 hardware controller or Panasonic software solutions
- Access the built-in web interface to monitor and control all aspects of the camera
- Utilize a supported third-party control system from broadcast control systems, switchers, lecture capture systems, AV Control system and more
- By default, the camera has a built-in H.264/MJPEG encoder for 7 channels of encoding up to 25Mbps. Pair with a supported hardware or software decoder
- NDIIHX upgrade available (Please note that you need to purchase the NDI|HX license from NewTek, Inc. at http://new.tk/ndi_panasonic)
If you have a question please fill in this form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
For Specifications please open the brochure on the Downloads Tab of this page.
Where to Buy
29 Sale St
400B Great North Road
Ph 09 525 0788
Fax 09 579 6029
76 Paul Matthews Rd. Albany
Phone: +64 9 414 0477
Fax: +64 9 414 3117
Freephone: 0800 PROTEL
15 Walter Street
Phone: +64 4 801 9494
Fax: +64 4 384 2112
Freephone: 0800 PROTEL
80 Adelaide Road
Ph: (04) 385 8405
7 Airborne Rd