AVC-ULTRA field recorder for backup recording, monitoring, previewing, file copying and to utilize AVC-ULTRA codecs in older P2 HD cameras.
The AJ-PG50 field recorder is the first standalone recorder to support the AVC-ULTRA codec. It an ideal solution for backup recording, monitoring, previewing, file copying as well as providing a legacy solution so owners with older Panasonic P2 HD cameras can leverage the newer AVC-ULTRA codecs through outboard recording to the PG50. Users can select the AVC-ULTRA image quality and bit rate to match their application. For instance, AVC-Intra 100/50 is optimal for top-level image production, while AVC-LongG achieves high-quality HD recording at a low bit rate. Three AVC-LongG bit rates are available — AVC-LongG50/25/12, with AVC-LongG25 providing 10 bit 4:2:2 quality at bit rates of approximately 25 Mbps. The PG50’s high-resolution AVC-Proxy* encodes in parallel with higher bandwidth production formats, enabling fast, efficient offline editing at bit rates from 6 Mbps down to 800kbps. In addition to 1080/59.94i, the PG50 supports 59.94p and 720p multi HD format and SD recording and is 59.94 Hz/50 Hz switchable for convenient use in international productions. The recorder also offers legacy recording in DVCPRO HD, DVCPRO50, DVCPRO and DV. Its standard LAN (Ethernet) port allows network connection via a wired LAN. When installed with the optional AJ-WM30 Wireless Module, the PG50 gains wireless LAN connectivity, enabling access to a variety of functions (proxy preview, camera remote, file transfer, playlist editing) from a network-connected PC/Mac, tablet device or smart phone**, affording a cost-effective IT solution. It can send data directly to a network server via FTP allowing broadcast stations to edit recorded data immediately. The PG50 is also capable of proxy image streaming via a wired LAN, wireless LAN, or 4G/LTE network***. Two streaming modes (SHQ, and full HD AVC-G6) are available. Other key features:
- Equipped with two microP2 card slots, one standard P2 card slot and one SD card slot. Recording functions include simultaneous recording on two microP2 cards, dual codec recording, hot-swap recording for uninterrupted recording between two microP2 cards, and more.
- Playback functions include auto playback, playback position selection, repeat playback and down-conversion from HD to SD.
- Offers a variety of input/outputs, including HDMI and 3G SDI, and offers a high-speed USB 3.0 (HOST) interface for transferring backup data to an external storage device and previewing externally stored files.
- Equipped with two XLR audio inputs, and recording up to four channels of 48kHz, 24-bit audio in AVC-Intra and AVC-LongG.
- A high-resolution QHD LCD 3.5″ monitor, so thumbnail images can be displayed, allowing instant playback, deletion or copying of selected clips. Full-screen image display enables use of the PG50 as a recording or preview monitor. Wave form, vectorscope and 4:3 marker can be displayed too.
- Often-used functions can be allocated to six user buttons, and a user file containing the settings can be saved to an SD card.
- Main unit weighs just 2.4 pounds, and is small enough to use with one hand.
- A powerful 5800-mAh battery pack, providing approximately 170 minutes of continuous playback time, mounts to the main unit’s back.
- Plugs into an ordinary AC outlet using a provided adaptor.
|Power Supply:||DC 7.2 V (during battery use); DC 12 V (during AC Adaptor use)|
|Power Consumption:||21.4 W|
|Operating Temperature:||0 °C to 40 °C|
|Storage Temperature:||-20 °C to 50 °C|
|Dimensions:||108 mm (W) x 85 mm (H) x 217 mm (D), (Excluding the foot parts and protrusions such as the cap)|
|Recording Media:||P2 memory cards, microP2 memory cards|
|Proxy:||File Formats: MOV (QuickTime format); Video Compression Formats: H.264/AVC Baseline Profile, H.264/AVC High Profile; Proxy Audio: AAC-LC, Linear PCM|
|Audio Recording Signals:||AVC-Intra100/AVC-Intra50: 48 kHz, 24 bit, 4 CH, 48 kHz, 16 bit, 4 CH
AVC-LongG50/AVC-LongG25: 48 kHz, 24 bit, 4 CH
AVC-LongG12: 48 kHz, 16 bit, 4 CH
DVCPRO HD: 48 kHz, 16 bit, 4 CH
DVCPRO 50: 48 kHz, 16 bit, 4 CH
DVCPRO/DV: 48 kHz, 16 bit, 4 CH
|VIDEO (DIGITAL VIDEO):|
|Sampling Frequencies:||AVC-Intra100/AVC-LongG50/AVC-LongG25/DVCPRO HD:
(59.94 Hz) Y: 74.1758 MHz, PB/PR: 37.0879 MHz
(50 Hz) Y: 74.2500 MHz, PB/PR: 37.1250 MHz
(1080/59.94p) Y: 148.3516 MHz, PB/PR: 74.1758 MHz
(1080/50p) Y: 148.5000 MHz, PB/PR: 74.2500 MHz
DVCPRO50: Y: 13.5 MHz, PB/PR: 6.75 MHz
DVCPRO: Y: 13.5 MHz, PB/PR: 3.375 MHz
|Quantization:||AVC-Intra100/AVC-Intra50/AVC-LongG50/AVC-LongG25: 10 bit
AVC-LongG12/DVCPRO HD/DVCPRO50/DVCPRO/DV: 8 bit
|Video Compression Methods:||AVC-Intra100/AVC-Intra50: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 Intra Profile
AVC-LongG50/AVC-LongG25/AVC-LongG12: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 High Profile
DVCPRO HD: DV-Based Compression (SMPTE ST 370)
|Colour Sampling:||AVC-Intra100/AVC-LongG50/AVC-LongG25: Y:PB:PR = 4:2:2|
|Resolution:||AVC-Intra100/AVC-LongG25/AVC-LongG12: 1920 x 1080 (1080/59.94p, 1080/50p)
AVC-Intra100/AVC-LongG50/AVC-LongG25/AVC-LongG12: 1920 x 1080 (1080/59.94i, 1080/50i), 1280 x 720 (720/59.94p, 720/50p)
AVC-Intra50: 1440 x 1080 (1080/59.94i, 1080/50i), 960 x 720 (720/59.94p, 720/50p)
|SDI Input:||BNC x 1|
|HDMI Input:||HDMI x 1 (HDMI TYPE A connector) (Viera Link not supported, HDCP supported)|
|SDI Outputs (HD/SD selectable):||BNC x 1|
|HDMI Output*:||HDMI x 1 (HDMI Type A) (VIERA link not supported)|
|AUDIO (DIGITAL AUDIO):|
|Sampling Frequency:||48 kHz (synchronized with video)|
|Audio Quantization:||16 bit (AVC-LongG12/DVCPRO HD/DVCPRO50/DVCPRO/DV), 16/24 bit selectable (AVC-Intra 100/AVC-Intra 50), 24 bit (AVC-LongG50/AVC-LongG25)|
|Headroom:||12/18/20 dB (selectable)|
|De-emphasis:||T1=50 µs, T2=15 µs (ON/OFF selectable)|
|Analogue Inputs (CH1, CH2):||XLR x 2|
|SDI Inputs:||BNC x 1|
|HDMI Inputs:||2 channels (linear PCM), 16 bit|
|SDI Outputs:||BNC x 1|
|Analogue Inputs (monitor (L/R)):||Stereo mini jack (3.5 mm dia.)|
|Headphone Output:||Stereo mini jack (3.5 mm dia.), variable level|
|HDMI Outputs:||2 channels (linear PCM), 16 bit|
|Internal Speaker:||Round x 1 (monaural)|
|Time Code Input:||BNC x 1, 0.5 V[p-p] to 8.0 V[p-p], 10 kΩ|
|LAN:||RJ-45 x1, 1000BASE-T/100BASE-TX/10BASE-T|
|USB HOST:||USB 3.0 Host (Type A) x 1|
|USB Device:||USB 2.0 Device (Type B) x 1|
|Included Accessories:||Battery pack, AC adaptor/AC cable, Battery charger/AC cable|
|Footnotes:||*When “VIDEO” – “INPUT SEL” is set to “HDMI”, video, audio, and other signals from the HDMI output connector will not be output.
The use of DCF Technologies is under license from Multi-Format, Inc.
Weight and dimensions are approximate. Specifications are subject to change without notice
A2Z Technologies Ltd.
29 Sale St
The Loft, Department of Post Building
Unit 1, 6 Omega Street
15 Walter St
Ph: 04 385 8405
7 Airborne Rd